Dear Brothers and sisters
“Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace among those whom God favours!”(Luke 2:13-14)
As we celebrate the birth day of the Babe of Bethlehem, I wish you “A joyous, peaceful and grace -filled Christmas and a hopeful, prosperous, and promising New Year-2015." I pen to express my greetings to you and your families. I think not only of those who live within our parish but also your family members, dear and near ones, on this special season of the year.
Christmas reminds us that our God is not a distant God but a God who is with us,-“Emmanuel.” May the Emanuel God find place in our hearts and homes. During this season, we Christians, remember and celebrate that sacred moment in human history when God entered in our world, becoming part of every one of us and the whole human race. Christmas brings us back to the source of our life and existence. God has come into the world, with His love, peace and hope that makes us joyful and rejoicing. His light has shone in our darkness and no darkness can overpower this light.
As a priest, for many years, in this parish of our lady of the Rosary, I feel privileged and so uplifted by the huge number of the dedicated parishioners who minister, in many ways, alongside us, the priests, with dedication and enthusiasm. In truth you are the heart of the parish. Working together we aim to have a parish that is inclusive where everyone is and feels welcome. This always gives a feeling of a “One Family” which Christ wants to create in us. On this special season, I wish to leave a note of gratitude for your participation, support and generosity in making this parish a 'Family'
I pray that the presence of the Christ-Child will grace your home during this Christmas season and throughout the coming year -2015. May God bless you.
With Prayers and Blessings
Yours in the Lord,
Fr. Selvaraj Arockiam OFM, Cap.
CATHOLIC CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF THE ROSARY
THE MOST HOLY TRINITY, SOLEMNITY
29-31 May 2015
A reading from the Deuteronomy 4:32-34, 39-40
The Lord is God in the heavens above and on earth below and there is no other.
Moses said to the people: "Ask now of the days of old, before your time, ever since God created man upon the earth; ask from one end of the sky to the other: Did anything so great ever happen before? Was it ever heard of? Did a people ever hear the voice of God speaking from the midst of fire, as you did, and live? Or did any god venture to go and take a nation for himself from the midst of another nation, by testings, by signs and wonders, by war, with strong hand and outstretched arm, and by great terrors, all of which the LORD, your God, did for you in Egypt before your very eyes? This is why you must now know, and fix in your heart, that the LORD is God in the heavens above and on earth below, and that there is no other. You must keep his statutes and commandments that I enjoin on you today, that you and your children after you may prosper, and that you may have long life on the land which the LORD, your God, is giving you forever."
The Word of the Lord.
R. Blessed the people the Lord had chosen to be his own.
1. Upright is the word of the LORD, and all his works are trustworthy. He loves justice and right; of the kindness of the Lord the earth is full. R.
2 By the word of the LORD the heavens were made; by the breath of his mouth all their host. For he spoke, and it was made; he commanded, and it stood forth. R.
3. See, the eyes of the LORD are upon those who fear him, upon those who hope for his kindness, To deliver them from death and preserve them in spite of famine. R.
4. Our soul waits for the LORD, who is our help and our shield. May your kindness, O LORD, be upon us who have put our hope in you. R.
A reading from the first Letter of Saint Paul to Romans 8:14-17
You received a Spirit of adoption, through whom we cry, “Abba, Father!”
Brothers and sisters: For those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received a Spirit of adoption, through whom we cry, “Abba, Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if only we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him.
The Word of the Lord.
Glory to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit;
to God who is, who was, and who is to come.
A reading from the holy Gospel according to Matthew 28:16-20
Baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
The eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had ordered them. When they all saw him, they worshiped, but they doubted. Then Jesus approached and said to them, "All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."
The Gospel of the Lord.
CELEBRANT: With the Spirit of Jesus alive in us, let us pray to our living and loving God and say:
R/ Blessed are you, our God, forever.
1. For having called us by our name, let us thank our Father in heaven; may we give him a faithful response to his love, we pray: R/
2. For having saved us by becoming one of us, sharing our human lives and dying for us, let us thank Jesus our Lord; for the strength to follow him let us pray: R/
3. For guiding us in our dark hours and strengthening us with his joy and love, let us thank the Holy Spirit; for wisdom and courage, let us pray: R/
4. For those who preach the gospel anywhere in the world, that people may receive the Good News of Jesus with eagerness and joy, let us pray: R/
5. For fathers and mothers, that through them their children may discover the fatherhood of God and learn to love him without reservations, let us pray: R/
6. For those who are discouraged and tired, that they may experience the moving force of the Holy Spirit, let us pray: R/.
CELEBRANT: Our living God, we know and love you as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Make us and our communities and many people grow in this knowledge and love, now and forever.