Dear Brothers and sisters
“Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace among those whom God favours!”(Luke 2:13-14)
As we celebrate the birth day of the Babe of Bethlehem, I wish you “A joyous, peaceful and grace -filled Christmas and a hopeful, prosperous, and promising New Year-2015." I pen to express my greetings to you and your families. I think not only of those who live within our parish but also your family members, dear and near ones, on this special season of the year.
Christmas reminds us that our God is not a distant God but a God who is with us,-“Emmanuel.” May the Emanuel God find place in our hearts and homes. During this season, we Christians, remember and celebrate that sacred moment in human history when God entered in our world, becoming part of every one of us and the whole human race. Christmas brings us back to the source of our life and existence. God has come into the world, with His love, peace and hope that makes us joyful and rejoicing. His light has shone in our darkness and no darkness can overpower this light.
As a priest, for many years, in this parish of our lady of the Rosary, I feel privileged and so uplifted by the huge number of the dedicated parishioners who minister, in many ways, alongside us, the priests, with dedication and enthusiasm. In truth you are the heart of the parish. Working together we aim to have a parish that is inclusive where everyone is and feels welcome. This always gives a feeling of a “One Family” which Christ wants to create in us. On this special season, I wish to leave a note of gratitude for your participation, support and generosity in making this parish a 'Family'
I pray that the presence of the Christ-Child will grace your home during this Christmas season and throughout the coming year -2015. May God bless you.
With Prayers and Blessings
Yours in the Lord,
Fr. Selvaraj Arockiam OFM, Cap.
CATHOLIC CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF THE ROSARY
THE FEAST OF OUR LADY OF THE ROSARY
9th OCTOBER 2015 (FRIDAY ONLY)
A reading from the book of Judith (13:17-20)
All the people were greatly astonished, and bowed down and worshiped God, and said with one accord, "Blessed art thou, our God, who hast brought into contempt this day the enemies of thy people." And Uzziah said to her, "O daughter, you are blessed by the Most High God above all women on earth; and blessed be the Lord God, who created the heavens and the earth, who has guided you to strike the head of the leader of our enemies. Your hope will never depart from the hearts of men, as they remember the power of God. May God grant this to be a perpetual honor to you, and may he visit you with blessings, because you did not spare your own life when our nation was brought low, but have avenged our ruin, walking in the straight path before our God." And all the people said, "So be it, so be it!"
This is the Word of the Lord
R. The queen stands at your right hand, arrayed in gold.
1. The queen takes her place at your right hand in gold of Ophir. R.
2. Hear, O daughter, and see; turn your ear, forget your people and your father’s house. R.
3. So shall the king desire your beauty; for he is your Lord. R.
4. They are borne in with gladness and joy; they enter the palace of the king. R.
A reading from the Acts of the Apostles
Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey away; and when they had entered, they went up to the upper room, where they were staying, Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alpheus and Simon the Zealot and Judas the son of James. All these with one accord devoted themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.
This is the Word of the Lord
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests. Alleluia, Alleluia.
Gospel Reading: Luke 2:15-20
When the angels went away from them to heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go, then, to Bethlehem to see this thing that has taken place, which the Lord has made known to us.” So they went in haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the infant lying in the manger. When they saw this, they made known the message that had been told them about this child. All who heard it were amazed by what had been told them by the shepherds. And Mary kept all these things, reflecting on them in her heart. Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, just as it had been told to them.
This is the Gospel of the Lord
CELEBRANT: On this day, we pray to Our Father through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Queen of the Holy Rosary. Let us submit our prayers: LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER.
1. Heavenly Father we lift up our Pope Francis, the Bishops of the church, that they may be guided by the Holy Spirit and may continue to proclaim in words and deeds the presence of God’s kingdom. Let us pray.
2. Heavenly Father, we pray for His Highness, The Emir, Sheik Tamim Bin Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani and all those in Authority that Our Lord will bless them with wisdom and graces to lead this country, and we pray for peace in the Arab Region and in the whole world. Let us pray.
3. Heavenly Father we pray for the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary and the whole church around the world, that the faithful may have a deeper meaning of following GOD’s commandments with sincerity. Let us pray.
4. Heavenly Father we lift up the priests serving in our Parish that they may be strengthened, and may be blessed with deep faith, firm hope and burning love that will ever increase in their priestly life. Let us pray.
5. Heavenly Father we pray for the laity that works zealously in this parish, we pray in a special way for the newly installed parish council members that each of them may truly reflect the love of Jesus and with the motherly aid of our blessed Mother may remain faithful to their calling. Let us pray.
6. Heavenly Father we pray for the Parishioners of our church that day may support the mission of the Church and respond fully to the call of our Baptism and accept the grace to remain open to God’s call to serve. Let us pray.
7. For the people of the whole world, who are seeking to clear a path towards peace that our Lady may protect them from all evil, and lead them to discover the Prince of peace. Let us pray.
8. Heavenly Father we pray for all families in our Parish , that families may pray together and be transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit into havens of Peace and love Let us pray.
9. Heavenly Father we pray for bitterness and hatred in this world, we pray that the Church become an instrument of reconciliation, forgiveness, healing and peace to warring peoples and nations. Let us pray.
10. Heavenly Father we pray that in union with our Blessed Mother, we may be constant in prayer and seek to fulfill God’s plan for our salvation. Let us pray.
11. Heavenly Father we pray that through our Blessed Mother’s motherly care, the sick and the hurting may find healing and consolation. Let us pray.
12. Heavenly Father we pray for all of us gathered here, that we may know always to find in Mary an attentive mother and a sure help in our needs. Let us pray.
13. For all God’s faithful in the Catholic Church of Our Lady of the Rosary-Qatar: that God will unite us and become one Catholic Church specially in every Church activity, plan and mission, Let us pray.
Celebrant: Lord hear the prayers of all those you renew with the bread of life and under the watchful care of our Lady of Rosary may we advance along the way of salvation. Amen....